Monday, October 22, 2007

Phyloinformatics workshop - primal scream

Argh!!! The phyloinformatics workshop at Edinburgh's eScience Centre is underway (program of talks available here as an iCalendar file), and I'm stranded in Germany for personal reasons I won't bore readers with. The best and brightest gather less than an hour from my home town to talk about one of my favourite subjects, and I can't be there. Talk about frustration!

How can they they possibly proceed without yours truly to interject "it sucks" at regular intervals? What, things are going just fine? Next, you'll be suggesting that Systematic Biology can function without me as editor … wait, what's that you say? Jack's running the show without a hitch … gack, I'm redundant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so behind the curve on not only phyloinformatics, but bioinformatics... The scary thing is that I think most of my colleagues are at least as far behind as I am. Well, hopefully our students will have clues!

Jack's running the show without a hitch … gack, I'm redundant.

Well, I can say he sends me a lot more manuscripts to oversee than you ever did. I would call "me working harder" a hitch! ;-)